@ iAccelerate Building Foyer (Innovation Campus, University of Wollongong, Squires Way, North Wollongong)
In this course we will organise electronic wallets, buy some cryptocurrency, create our our token/cryptocurrency, write and execute contracts, and finally we will work together to produce an app on the Ethereum blockchain: the second generation cryptocurrency platform that allows us to build decentralised web applications.
You need absolutely no experience with code, the blockchain, or any other technology to join us and to contribute to the workshop.
- Using an Exchange to buy Ether/Bitcoin
- Setting up a Wallet.
- Transferring Ether/Bitcoin for exchange to wallet.
- Sending Ether/Bitcoin between wallets.
- Establish a Glossary and develop a Diagram of the Architecture.
- Document and discuss use cases.
- Create a token.
- Mine, Distribute and Exchange our own Coins.
- Create a Contract: A voting system for people with our token to vote on a single Polygon Door issue.
- Create a simple dApp (distributed application) – a front end for the voting contract.
- Discussion: Revisiting use cases – How can we use smart contracts to create new forms of organisation?
- Can we use a contract to propose and vote on a dApp to develop for the rest of term?
- Choose and specify a dApp we will work to develop.
- Planning dApp development.
- Backend dApp Dev and Front End Wireframing/Specification.
- Continued dApp Dev.
- Discussion: Making things happen? Contracts with non human objects – can we turn on an led using the blockchain..and question why we would.
- Experiments with making things happen. Switching on a LED using a smart contract, continued dApp Dev.
- Finalise Dapp Dev and sum up what we’ve learnt about the Blockchain.
- dApp Launch Party and discussion : Where to from here?